Saturday 22 August 2009

Missoni

After walking from Mayfair to North London, stopping only for a cheeky margarita at Chilango, I visited the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art in Highbury. Their current exhibition is called Workshop Missoni: Daring to be Different.

It is dedicated to the work of the Missoni family, renowned for their innovative colour treatments and intricate knitwear. The exhibition is thoughtfully curated within the intimate gallery space. Inspirational mood boards are displayed alongside textiles, tapestries and the end creations.

One of the highlights is a documentary about their work, featuring Margherita Missoni who says ‘the first words I learnt were the names of the colours; I could say the words for fuchsia and orange before I could count’. I left the exhibition wanting to visit Milan again.

No comments:

Post a Comment