Wednesday 1 September 2010

Corinne

Growing up in the Australian 'burbs, I longed for the bright lights and big city. The FACE was the first magazine which really spoke to me as a teenager interested in art, design, fashion and alternative culture in general. These were pre-internet times when international magazines arrived weeks (or even months) after their publication so each issue was highly anticipated.

The 'Summer of Love' issue featuring a young Kate Moss photographed by Corinne Day was a defining moment, igniting my love of British music, design and style. I knew from that moment I had to live in England some day. After graduating from university and armed with a two-year saving plan, my dream became reality. Ten years later, I'm still here. Corinne, you changed my life. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment