Thursday 4 February 2010

Yoshino

I love working in Soho - for people-watching and food choices, it's second to none.

Japanese is one of my favourites (mmm, umami) so I'm always on the lookout for decent sushi. I've tried most of the takeaway choices (including Itsu, Japan Centre, Kulu Kulu and Papaya) but I was very happy to discover that Yoshino recently opened a sushi deli on Shaftesbury Avenue, between Dean and Wardour Street.

Before the Japan Centre refurb last year, Yoshino used to supply the sushi to the ground floor takeaway section - and the queues used to snake up the staircase into the main restaurant area.

Yoshino sells an enormous variety of sushi and sashimi including large mixed trays and everything is under a fiver. It can get pretty crowded in the small shop but service is friendly and super efficient. I'll be going back at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment